[llvm-dev] Catching exceptions while unwinding through -fno-exceptions code

Reid Kleckner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Dec 9 12:14:19 PST 2020

Using existing personality functions requires emitting an LLVM IR cleanup
around every function when building in this -fterminate-exceptions mode.
Then all functions would have IR like this:

invoke void @foo(...) unwind to %terminate
invoke void @bar(...) unwind to %terminate
landingpad cleanup ...
  call void @myterminate()