[llvm-dev] Looking for easy/beginner level Clang / LLVM open projects for new contributors

Wei Wu (吴伟) via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Dec 9 00:07:31 PST 2020

Hi,

I'm looking for a few Clang/LLVM open projects for the new interns in my
lab. I've checked [1] and I am not sure 1) whether someone has been working
on these projects and 2) Is it easy or simple enough for the students who
are touching compilers at the first time. I am also looking into
bug.llvm.org but I currently have no expertise to distinguish/triage the
hardness of bugs.

I would appreciate it if someone could provide some hints, like Bug ID in
bugs.llvm.org which is good as a first patch for students. RISC-V backend
related bugs/projects are preferred; otherwise middle-end and Linker
related projects are also good for our interns.

Thanks.

[1] https://llvm.org/OpenProjects.html

--
Best wishes,