[llvm-dev] Release plan for llvm 12 ?

Dimitry Andric via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 3 11:39:20 PST 2020

On 3 Dec 2020, at 16:08, Tom Stellard via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> On 12/3/20 2:16 AM, Jeroen Dobbelaere wrote:
>> Just wondering. Is there already a plan for the llvm 12 release ?
>
> Not yet, but it should be roughly the same calendar days as LLVM 10.

As an aside, I would like to mention that as a downstream consumer and tester, it sometimes felt a little annoying that the x.0.1 and (x+1).0.0 releases often seemed to overlap. It would be great if there is an non-trivial time interval between such releases, to avoid having to integrate two versions downstream simultaneously.

That said, it seems that 11.0.1 is coming along nicely, so I hope it will be finished soon. Then nothing will be in the way of 12.0.0. :)

-Dimitry