[llvm-dev] Creating an instance of new pass manager in tool

Ejjeh, Adel via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 3 09:43:33 PST 2020

Thanks Arthur

I will look at those files, it sounds like they should contain what I need.

-Adel

From: Arthur Eubanks <aeubanks at google.com>
Date: Thursday, December 3, 2020 at 11:30 AM
To: Ejjeh, Adel <aejjeh at illinois.edu>
Cc: LLVM Dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org>
Subject: Re: [llvm-dev] Creating an instance of new pass manager in tool
Looking at the existing users of the new pass manager may be useful. See BackendUtil.cpp for how Clang sets up the new pass manager, and NewPMDriver.cpp for how opt sets it up.

There should be no need to initialize individual passes, although you can inject your own analyses (e.g. alias analysis).