[llvm-dev] How to keep parameter's name when create the bc

윤재구 via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Dec 1 00:19:45 PST 2020

Hi everyone.

I want to analyze the function parameter's relationship between the real
code and IR format on the ll/bc file.
I checked several cases such as  structed type parameter or return type can
be included into the first parameter(sret) or can be flatted into the
multiple parameters on the special cases.

To match parameter betwen them, I decided to use the parameter name on the
code if possible.

When I created the bc file and disassembled into ll code via llvm-dis, I
saw that function parameter names are matched well with the original code
normally.
However, somecases when I was disassembling the bc file already built
through clang (it was built by others, but it is impossible to check
exactly which options were given), the parameter names are not visible and
is simply displayed in the form of an index(#0, #1 ...).
It seems that this happens when the optimization technique is applied by an
option.
Please let me know if you know which option/feature do this.

I try to find alternative way such as making a custom attribute  to solve
this.
If someone already know the way, please let me know.