[llvm-dev] LLVM 10 cmake --install fails on LLVMFuzzMutate.lib, on windows with VS 2019

Conan Hancock via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 31 03:54:09 PDT 2020

On win10 with VS2019, cmake --build will succeed for debug and release, but on --install it will copy all files until it hits LLVMFuzzMutate.lib, and then crashes with the following;

CMake Error at lib/FuzzMutate/cmake_install.cmake:39 (file):
  file INSTALL cannot find
  "C:/DEV/llvm-project/build/Release/lib/LLVMFuzzMutate.lib": No such file or
  directory.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  lib/cmake_install.cmake:38 (include)
  cmake_install.cmake:60 (include)

is LLVMFuzzMutate supposed to have been built for a standard install? I will note that targets BPF and RISCV fail to build due to VS errors C2338 and C2976, though I don't see these as being related to the issue at hand. FuzzMutate is never mentioned as being built, but all the other targets and base tools are.