[llvm-dev] TableGen enhancements

Chris Lattner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Aug 29 15:50:56 PDT 2020

Instead of syntactic enhancements, I think it would be great to invest in the internal infrastructure in the implementation of TableGen.

People frequently complain about the quality of error messages in TableGen.  One big reason for this is that we don’t track source locations very well in the “tablegen AST”.  I think that fixing that would be a really nice step towards upgrading the individual diagnostics.

-Chris