[llvm-dev] EmitTargetCodeForMemSet & LTO issue

Teresa Johnson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 28 08:51:15 PDT 2020

ThinLTO's whole program analysis is driven off of the linker symbol
resolution (at least in the case of lld, gold, bfd). Presumably when it
gets into the ThinLTO link, the linker does not see any uses of your
alternate memset and it is therefore removed as dead code. Have you tried
marking it with __attribute__((used))? Another thing that might work is to
mark it weak.

Teresa

Teresa Johnson |  Software Engineer |  tejohnson at google.com |