[llvm-dev] [RFC] intrinsics for load/store-with-length semantics

Eli Friedman via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 27 03:43:37 PDT 2020

“The vectorizer needs this” seems like a fair reason to add it to the IR.

Pattern-matching an llvm.masked.load with an llvm.get.active.lane.mask operand might not be that terrible?  If that works, I’d prefer to go with that because we already have that codepath.  Otherwise, adding a new intrinsic seems okay.

There’s a possibility that we’ll want a version of llvm.masked.load that takes both a length and a mask, eventually. See https://reviews.llvm.org/D57504 .  Not completely sure how that should interact with this proposal.

-Eli