[llvm-dev] How to detect in TableGen whether a register class is a union of other register classes?

Gabriel Hjort Åkerlund via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 25 08:20:43 PDT 2020

Given a register class in TableGen (in other words, we have a *Record), is
it possible to detect whether the register class is a union of other
register classes? I thought of retrieving the corresponding
CodeGenRegisterClass and using getSubClasses() but it doesn’t seem to give
me what I want, so then I thought that maybe I can use the MemberList field
from the record, but that would involve parsing “add” and “sequence”. It’s
doable, but if there’s a simpler way I’d rather do that.

Best regards,

Gabriel Hjort Åkerlund