[llvm-dev] Clang is a resource hog, the installers for Windows miss quite some files, and are defect!

Stefan Kanthak via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 21 14:30:11 PDT 2020

"Philip Reames" <listmail at philipreames.com> wrote:

> Stefan,
>
> I can't tell if you're intentionally trolling, or are simply oblivious,
> but to this observer you have clearly crossed well over the line of
> acceptable behavior.

Since you seem to have some experience in taking the point of view of a
third person: do you find LLVM's "behaviour" of wasting its customers
resources (nearly 0.5GB of the total 1.5GB for every installed package
on Windows) acceptable?
Or that your customers have to install separate FULL packages for every
target architecture instead of just the few runtime libraries?

> Please take a step back, walk away from a couple of days, and if you
> want to reengage with a calmer perspective at that time, then do so.

Take a step back and change your point of view until you get the right
perspective, then fix the couple of bugs I presented!

Stefan