[llvm-dev] Question about llvm vectors

Alexandre Bique via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 21 13:31:34 PDT 2020

Thank you very much for the explanation.

I have one more question: it is possible in LLVM IR to call sin() on a
vector. Yet I did not find how to do it with clang and I've tried various
things:

#include <cmath>

using vec = float __attribute__((__vector_size__(4 * 4)));

vec fct(vec a)
{
  vec b = std::exp(a);
  //vec b = __builtin_exp(a);
  //vec b{std::exp(a[0]), std::exp(a[1]), std::exp(a[2]), std::exp(a[3])};
  //vec b{__builtin_expf(a[0]), __builtin_expf(a[1]), __builtin_expf(a[2]),
__builtin_expf(a[3])};
  return b;
}

Do you know how to do that?