[llvm-dev] [11.0.0 Release] Release Candidate 1 is here

Andrew Kelley via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 18 17:05:28 PDT 2020

I'm finding dozens of regressions with the zig test suite, and I haven't
even gotten to the part where I run it with LLVM assertions on yet.

It's pretty time consuming on my end to create reductions. I don't
suppose any LLVM devs are willing to run the zig test suite themselves?
Happy to guide you through the process.

If you run it on a Linux host with QEMU, Wine, and wasmtime installed,
it covers a lot of targets:

x86_64-linux-none (no libc)
x86_64-linux-gnu (glibc)
x86_64-linux-musl (musl libc)
i386-linux-none (no libc)
i386-linux-musl (musl libc)
aarch64-linux-none (no libc)
aarch64-linux-gnu (glibc)
aarch64-linux-musl (musl libc)
arm-linux-none -mcpu=generic+v8a (no libc)
arm-linux-museabihf -mcpu=generic+v8a (musl libc)
mips-linux-none (no libc)
mips-linux-musl (musl libc)
mipsel-linux-none (no libc)
mipsel-linux-musl (musl libc)
riscv64-linux-none (no libc)
riscv64-linux-musl (musl libc)
x86_64-macosx-gnu (it will cross compile the test but not run them)
x86_64-windows-msvc (no libc)
x86_64-windows-gnu (mingw-w64 libc)
i386-windows-msvc (no libc)
i386-windows-gnu (mingw-w64 libc)
wasm32-wasi

When something fails there is a straightforward (but time consuming)
process to get LLVM IR code and make a reduction for a bug report.

Any takers?