[llvm-dev] [RFC] Introducing convergence control bundles and intrinsics

Nicolai Hähnle via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 18 01:44:00 PDT 2020

Hi Hal,

On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 8:30 PM Hal Finkel <hfinkel at anl.gov> wrote:
> I agree that the new scheme seems better for several reasons. So it
> seems like your recommendation is that we consider the existing
> attribute usage deprecated?

Yes.

Some form of auto-upgrade could be attempted via the
ConvergenceControlHeuristic of https://reviews.llvm.org/D85609, though
that's slightly big for on-the-fly upgrading in the bitcode reader. So
while the groundwork for potentially doing it is there, I don't see a
strong need or desire for it at the moment.

Cheers,
Nicolai

> Or should we auto-upgrade it to something?
>
>   -Hal
>

> >>    -Hal

> >> --
> >> Hal Finkel
> >> Lead, Compiler Technology and Programming Languages
> >> Leadership Computing Facility
> >> Argonne National Laboratory
> >>

> --
> Hal Finkel
> Leadership Computing Facility
> Argonne National Laboratory

--
Lerne, wie die Welt wirklich ist,
aber vergiss niemals, wie sie sein sollte.