[llvm-dev] Another possible tracing feature for TableGen

Paul C. Anagnostopoulos via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 17 11:20:47 PDT 2020

It's relatively straightforward to filter the records defined by top-level def statements. The problem is filtering the records generated by defm -> multiclass -> defm -> etc. I'm pretty convinced that this requires saving traces of everything and then filtering them at the end, since the names of those records are not resolved until they are added to the master list of records. Also, a def inside a multiclass is only parsed once, regardless of the number of times the multiclass is "invoked" by defm's. So it's not simply a matter of tracing the parsing of the def.

I'm just going to continue puttering with it. Lots to learn in the meantime.