[llvm-dev] [RFC] Introduce Dump Accumulator

Mircea Trofin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 6 09:32:04 PDT 2020

No disagreement there. We illustrate with scenarios we have only because we
can speak confidently about them, and the hope was they may resonate with
others' (we didn't expected them to be sufficient motivation, had they been
ours alone). If it turned out that no one had similar scenarios, or the
design was too narrow, we would have sought an outside-llvm alternative,
for all the reasons you mention. In this case, RemarksEmitter seems to
suggest related problems were addressed already.