[llvm-dev] llvm-objdump: failed to parse debug information

Jerome Forissier via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Apr 28 07:23:49 PDT 2020

Hi,

In a 32-bit ARM build, I am seeing the following warning (edited for
simplicity, I can provide full logs if necessary):

> llvm-objdump -l -d -x file.elf
> llvm-objdump: warning: 'file.elf': failed to parse debug information for file.elf

All object files and static libraries seem to have debug info (i.e.,
llvm-objdump does not complain when run on each file individually and
the disassembly output shows file/line information).

In order to identify where the ELF file is lacking debug info, I added
some debug traces to llvm-objdump and it seems the following symbol is
the culprit: __ThumbV7PILongThunk_<my_func>

Is this expected behavior? How to fix it?

LLVM version is llvmorg-11-init-12683-g54b3f91d205 but AFAICT anything
above 10.0 behaves the same.

Thanks,
--
Jerome