[llvm-dev] LLVM Weekly - #330, Apr 27th 2020
Alex Bradbury via llvm-dev
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Apr 27 12:27:53 PDT 2020
LLVM Weekly - #330, Apr 27th 2020
If you prefer, you can read a HTML version of this email at
Welcome to the three hundred and thirtieth issue of LLVM Weekly, a weekly
newsletter (published every Monday) covering developments in LLVM, Clang, and
related projects. LLVM Weekly is brought to you by [Alex
Bradbury](https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-bradbury/). Subscribe to future
issues at <http://llvmweekly.org> and pass it on to anyone else you think may
be interested. Please send any tips or feedback to <asb at asbradbury.org>, or
@llvmweekly or @asbradbury on Twitter.
## News and articles from around the web
Erich Keane wrote for the LLVM blog about [the recently added `_ExtInt`
providing support for exact bitwidth integer types in Clang.
## On the mailing lists
* Tom Stellard returned to the topic of [switching from Bugzilla to GitHub
reporting that support for subscribing to notifications for specific issue
labels will be provided through GitHub Actions. This spawned a long thread,
mostly focused on the question of how to handle existing bugs and
possibilities for keeping consistent numbering or using redirects.
* Martin Liška [announces
Python fork of the C-Reduce tool.
* Kees Cook proposed [making -ftrivial-auto-var-init=zero a first-class
reporting a number of vendors using zero initialisation in production code
(with more responding later in the thread). There were many responses on this
thread and a consensus has yet to form, though JF Bastien indicated [interest
in seeing the work on optimising pattern initialisation
allow a fuller comparison.
* Sjoerd Meijer kicked off a [long thread on the clang mailing list about
Greene [suggested not following GCC
* ORC JIT Weekly #13 [is
Discord user @Juicebox has written a project to enable PDB debugging on
Windows with ORC and MCJIT.
* Chris Tetreault [provides an update on refactoring the class hierarchy of
* Tom Stellard [shares the proposed 10.0.1 release
This would see rc1 tagged on May 18th, rc2 on June 18th, and 10.0.1-final on
## LLVM commits
* MC layer support for the Armv8.6-a matrix multiply extension was added.
* `TargetTransformInfo::getOperationCost` was removed and merged into
* The MachineVerifier is now run after more passes.
* The integration of compiler extensions into the build system was updated.
## Clang commits
* The time profiler script will now emit a beginningOfTime parameter that can
be used for combining events from different processes while preserving their
relative timing. (https://reviews.llvm.org/rG2899103108d).
* More SVE builtins were added.
## Other project commits
* lld-macho gained basic support for linking against dylibs.
* compiler-rt started to gain support for platforms with 16-bit int.
* LLDB's reproducer infrastructure gained support for a new 'passive replay'
* MLIR's liveness analysis now supports nested regions.
More information about the llvm-dev