[llvm-dev] RFC: Switching from Bugzilla to Github Issues [UPDATED]

Sam McCall via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Apr 24 03:24:52 PDT 2020

clangd's experience using github issues to track bugs (in a separate repo)
has been very positive, and I'm glad you're pushing on this!

Part of this has been that our issue tracker has been scoped to our
subproject only, which is a scope that the tool works well for (on the user
and developer side).
As such I don't think we should migrate clangd to a using the monorepo
bugtracker. Email subscription to a label is better than nothing, but worse
than a separate repo.
Removing the clangd label from the monorepo bugtracker seems like the
simplest thing, though I'm happy to work on auto-moving bugs if that's
better.

(I'd suggest considering the same for other subprojects, though I know
that's not a popular opinion here)