[llvm-dev] Scalar Evolution Expressions Involving Sibling Loops

Michael Kruse via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Apr 17 19:58:32 PDT 2020

My interpretation of ScalarEvolution is that an AddRecExpr is only
intended in a context within a loop, since it references the loop
induction variable of which there is none outside the loop.
Outside the loop, one has to use the exit value obtainable by
getSCEVAtScope that removes the AddRecExpr not nested inside the
parameter.
With this interpretation, two AddRecExpr with two sibling loop would
always be invalid since one can never be in both loop at the same
time.

Michael