[llvm-dev] Upgrading LLVM's minimum required CMake version

Shoaib Meenai via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Apr 8 12:58:11 PDT 2020

Yeah, I don’t anticipate Windows posing problems. Also, it’s pretty common in Windows to just install software yourself, and CMake ships prebuilt binaries and an installer, so it’s pretty easy to get set up with it.

Chris, I’m gonna reiterate a question of mine from an earlier email, since you may have thoughts on it:

* If we want to limit ourselves to CMake versions supported by LTS releases of distros, which distros should we consider, and how far back should we go (i.e. is it just the latest LTS or the last two LTS versions)?