[llvm-dev] Running CSE within my pass

Hiroshi Yamauchi via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Apr 7 09:28:24 PDT 2020

In general, I think you may want to consider

- structuring what you want to do into a sequence of passes and insert the
CSE pass where you need it,
- writing your pass in a way that CSE can be delayed until after the pass,
or
- writing CSE (or whatever functionality) as a utility and call it wherever
you want (if it's simple enough and does not require dependencies on other
analyses),

if possible.

That may not always work, however.