[llvm-dev] LLD issue on a massively parallel build machine

Mehdi AMINI via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Apr 4 10:30:09 PDT 2020

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 11:35 AM Itaru Kitayama via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Setting LLVM_PARALLEL_LINK_JOBS
> did not help a week or two weeks ago’s lld.
>
> But recent commits to lld might reflect the variable correctly.

FYI: the variable has nothing to do with lld itself (not commits to lld
would change the behavior of this flag), as far as I know this is purely
instructing ninja to limit the number of parallel invocation to the linker.
(It does not help limiting the parallelism when running the lld test-suite
though)

--
Mehdi