[llvm-dev] lli cannot execute the bc file for RISCV, Unable to find target for this triple

Luís Marques via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 2 03:55:18 PDT 2020

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 2:00 AM Junning Wu via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Since I add some custom instructions to the RISC-V ISA and have not got a
> simulator, so I want to check out whether these instructions using lli.
> Can anyone figure out why this happens?

LLI will either interpret the LLVM bytecode or "JIT" it to native code
(basically just dynamically do a regular compilation plus code loading), so
I don't think LLI is very well suited for your use case.

In any case, I am currently working on the ELF loader used for the JIT,
which AFAIK is basically the only thing remaining for LLI to work for
RISC-V, *if* you can then execute the native instructions. So you'll need
an emulator anyway. I'm using QEMU, which you can also use for free.

Best,
Luís