[llvm-dev] [DebugInfo] emission of loclists.dwo

Sourabh Singh Tomar via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Sep 28 09:54:03 PDT 2019

Hi Folks,

While working on dwarf5 features in clang, I noticed some subtleties wrt
locationlists--

In split-dwarf  + dwarf5 mode -
debug_loclists.dwo section is not generated, instead debug_loc.dwo is
getting populated in dwo file. + Hexdump shows that pre-standardized
encoding used while encoding.

This is causing problems for llvm-dwarfdump in dumping location list.
I'm guessing, llvm-dwarfdump is assuming it should be accessed according to
dwarf5, hence failing{not reporting}  ???

In, split-mode +dwarf-4{default} mode -- everything is fine. section
generation and llvm-dwarfdump.

+ While fixing this issue, I've been trying to bring this section
debug_loclists.dwo from ground up -- creating LoclistsDWOSection and so
forth.

Can anybody faced  with these issues earlier, validate these findings?,
work in progress if it's their any?, approach / solution taken to fix these
???

Thanks !
-- Sourabh Singh Tomar