[llvm-dev] Help with RISCV and QEMU in llvm testsuite lit testing

Michael Kruse via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 26 10:31:32 PDT 2019

Am Mi., 25. Sept. 2019 um 17:04 Uhr schrieb Mohamed Shafi via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org>:
> I am not sure who is responsible for the *.test.out file. I am assuming that this should be generated by QEMU. But I see that there is "exit 0" in the reference files that are not produced in the QEMU output. Should qemu be run via a wrapper that captures the output and "exit 0" in a *.test.out file ?

The "exit 0" should be produced by the tools/timeit.sh (since you are
using  -DTEST_SUITE_USE_PERF=ON) and has a cmdline switch
--append-exitstatus. The command line for it is produced by
litsupport/modules/timeit.py. No idea why it does not work in your
case, but I hope this help for looking into the issue.

Michael