[llvm-dev] Inconsistent release version availability

Ruben Van Boxem via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Sep 22 02:15:28 PDT 2019

Hi all,

Since the move to Github, LLVM release tarballs are available on GIthub
next to the main releases.llvm.org.
Problem is, neither contains all release tarballs, which makes it difficult
to use a single versioned URL to download LLVM and subproject releases.

These releases are hosted completely on releases.llvm.org:
everything pre-7
7.0.0
7.0.1
8.0.0
9.0.0
Unavailable:
7.1.0
8.0.1

These releases are hosted completely on github releases:
7.1.0
8.0.1
Partially as tagged autogenerated zip:
all the rest.

The issue is that now I can't download LLVM component tarballs from a
single URL.

I don't know what the idea is (keep releases.llvm.org or move everything to
github releases) and I don't really care which you end up using; but the
current situation is just plain broken.
Can the release tarballs for older releases (and 9.0.0) be made available
on Github or vice versa, can the newest point releases for older versions
be made available on releases.llvm.org?

Thanks!

Ruben