[llvm-dev] COAT: an EDSL making just-in-time code generation easier

Frank Tetzel via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 18 16:03:21 PDT 2019

Hi all,

I open sourced a small project of mine recently. It is an EDSL for C++
which makes just-in-time compilation much easier to write and maintain.
One of its backends is LLVM's OrcJIT (LLVM 7, still).

https://github.com/tetzank/coat

Here is a blog post of mine introducing the concept:
https://tetzank.github.io/posts/coat-edsl-for-codegen/

You can see it as an abstraction layer on top of OrcJIT, streamlining
the process of JIT compiling a single function one after the other as
much as possible. One use case is ad hoc code generation in databases.

Feedback is welcome. I also like to hear from other users of the JIT
compiler what abstractions they came up with to make it easier to
generate code. I'm probably not the first person to come up with such
things.

Best regards,
Frank