[llvm-dev] LLVM for OpenCL

Enrique González via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 17 14:03:25 PDT 2019

Dear all,

I'm newbie in LLVM. I would like to know if it is available an optimizer
for OpenCL in LLVM, in the same way as the 'opt' command in LLVM.

Concretely, if it is possible to perform individual
optimizations/transformations over OpenCL code (either at source or bitcode
representation) as it can be done for C code using:

- 'clang' to generate the .bc file(s)
- 'opt' to perform optimizations/transformations over

Is it possible to use the same LLVM 'opt' as for C code, once OpenCL
program is translated to bitcode/IR/SPIR?

Thanks in advance.

Enrique.