[llvm-dev] Docs: Setting up two-column layout on docs homepage

via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Sep 13 03:33:48 PDT 2019

Thanks for the suggestion, I don't know why it didn't occur to me to just
modify the existing CSS. I guess I'm still getting up to speed as to what I
can do with Sphinx.

Setting the column count on div.body doesn't quite work... but setting it
on dl.docutils does. Of course, if I do that, I'm setting two columns on
all sections. Which wasn't my original intention (to set two columns for
all sections), but I can definitely work with it as a compromise. The
Reference section is a good example of what I'm trying to accomplish. The
section would be titled 'Reference' and would have a brief introductory
sentence. Below that would be two sub-sections w/links, displayed in a
two-column format: one column for LLVM Reference and another for API
Reference.

I haven't used Flexbox before so I'll be sure to check it out.

-DeForest