[llvm-dev] Compile for ARM SVE with the latest LLVM

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 11 04:41:34 PDT 2019

On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 at 06:13, Itaru Kitayama via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm still seeing the same ie trying to produce SVE instructions but
> resulted in NEONs with Clang as of Sep. 10th.
> http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2019-March/130788.html

Hi Itaru-san,

IR SVE implementation is ongoing, CC'ing Graham who is leading that effort.

I'm hoping we can have something working before the next release is
branched (Dec/Jan), but I don't expect it to be fully featured (inline
asm, full ACLE, auto-vec in all NEON cases, etc).

cheers,
--renato