[llvm-dev] Building LLVM with LLVM

Fabiano Sidler via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 10 07:15:51 PDT 2019

Thus wrote David Blaikie:
> If you removed your entire GCC installation (including the runtime
> libraries and standard library), yeah, I'm not sure that'll work out of the
> box with Clang - clang does have implementations of some pieces (libc++,
> for instance - though clang doesn't default to using it (not sure if it'll
> use it in favor if libstdc++ is missing, or if it'll fail)) I'm not sure
> all the pieces are there. (I don't know the nuance of the various libgcc_s,
> compiler-rt, etc, etc)

I'm at that point now. I'v successfully built LLVM9 (including compiler-rt
and libcxx{,abi}, but I still can't build LLVM9 without GNU's libstdc++
because configuring without it fails with:
ld: error: unable to find library -lstdc++
Anyone knows how to enforce the use of LLVM's libcxx?

Greetings
Fabiano