[llvm-dev] New PM, opt and command line options

Andrzej Warzynski via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Sep 8 09:20:50 PDT 2019

Hi all,

I'm porting some LLVM plugins to the new pass manager and I've noticed
that the command line options are no longer registered when using
`-load-pass-plugin` (the new PM flag) to load the plugins in opt.
Everything is back to normal when loading via `-load` (the legacy PM).

For example, given this CL option:

static cl::opt<bool> SomeFlat("some-flag", cl::init(false),
cl::desc("set some flag"));

I can see that it's being registered:

opt -load MyPlugin -help | grep some-flag
   -some-flag                                        - set some flag

However, this returns nothing:

opt -load-pass-plugin -help | grep some-flag

Am I missing something obvious? Or is that `by design`?

-Andrzej