[llvm-dev] llvm concernz

Rahib Binahutharahib via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 5 00:01:54 PDT 2019

Respected Sir

My research  is to develop a compiler optimization algorithm and implement
it using LLVM. As a part of that i am now started to study LLVM. I
installed LLVM 8.0 in ubuntu 19.04.

As a beginner, i created 3 files:

one in Transforms directory called *header.cpp *which defines the function
*printName()* declared in the header file *header.h*, which is in the
subdirectory *PrintName* of Transforms. And the third file is the
*PrintMain.**cpp *file in the same subdirectory.

First i issued make command in build subdirectory. It ran successfully. But
when i issued the opt command :

~/llvm-8.0.0.src/test$ *opt -load /home/aman/build/lib/LLVMPrintMain.so
-printmain input.ll*

the following error is displayed:

opt: symbol lookup error: /home/aman/build/lib/LLVMPrintMain.so: undefined
symbol: *_ZN7Printer9printNameEv*

Here the function called printName() which is in the Printer class contains
only one print statement.

Input.c file contains a simple function which is converted into input.ll
using clang command.

The runOnfunction()  executes the function returned  from the input.ll file
accordingly.

It will be very grateful if you could help me in this regard.

Hoping your valuable comments

rahibb