[llvm-dev] Memory Requirements For Compiling PassBuilder.cpp

Stefan Pintilie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 3 19:12:28 PDT 2019

Hi Everyone,

Recently I have realised that compiling the file PassBuilder.cpp takes a
significant amount of memory. I have seen anywhere between 700 MB to over
1GB depending on which build compiler is used. This memory consumption
recently caused a couple of build bots that run on a smaller machine to
run out of memory and fail to build.

I have no intention of changing any of the functionality of this file but
I was wondering if anyone could suggest a way to reduce its complexity
(and hopefully memory consumption).
Any ideas of how I could try to go about this? Would it be possible to
refactor parts into another file perhaps?

Thank you in advance,
Stefan