[llvm-dev] LLVM ORC-JIT GSoC 2019

Praveen Velliengiri via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 2 12:26:03 PDT 2019

Hi all,
Summary and results of the project "Speculative Compilation in LLVM ORC JIT
v2" can be found here : link <https://preejackie.github.io/GSoC-2019-LLVM/>.

We recommended the user's of LLVM ORC v2 APIs to use it and the feedback
are highly appreciated. We included an example under /LLVM/examples under
the name : SpeculativeJIT.cpp. You can use it as a guide to implement your
own custom JIT stack. It doesn't require any additional APIs modifications
except calling a new method in CompileOnDemandLayer.

With this proof of concept implementation, we reduce the total wall clock
time of Spec 403.gcc from 18.4 seconds (Lazy Compilation) to 10.7 seconds
(Speculative Compilation).

Please, try this out and file bugs if any under ORCJIT component in
Bugzilla and CC me. If you have any questions and suggestions please let me
know!

Cheers,