[llvm-dev] How to run single compiler-rt test in monorepo?

Johan Engelen via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Oct 31 15:32:20 PDT 2019

Hello all,
  I am having trouble running only a single lit-based test of compiler-rt.
My folder structure is: inside the llvm monorepo checkout, I have a dir
"build" with subdir "buildtrunk". I ran cmake inside "buildtrunk" and also
run ninja from there.

For LLVM I can do the following:
> cd build/buildtrunk/test
> ../bin/llvm-lit  --show-tests .
And it shows all tests discovered of the llvm main library, but not tests
of for example clang or compiler-rt.
Running a single test works aswell:
> ../bin/llvm-lit -v tools/yaml2obj/versym-section.yaml
-- Testing: 1 tests, 1 workers --
PASS: LLVM :: tools/yaml2obj/versym-section.yaml (1 of 1)

However whatever I try, I have not succeeded in having Lit discover the
compiler-rt tests, and I didn't manage to run just one compiler-rt test.
Information online is sparse, and I didn't find it there either.

What is are command / How do I run a single lit-based compiler-rt test?

Thanks a lot,
  Johan