[llvm-dev] Arcanist and git author names

Martin Storsjö via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Oct 30 14:37:28 PDT 2019

Hi,

Now that we actually do pushing via git, we can finally give proper
attribution to patch authors that don't have commit access themselves.

However, if fetching a patch using "arc patch D<number>", arc seems to use
the Phabricator username as git author name, instead of the realname that
Phabricator also does know and can display when viewing profiles.

Is there any way to configure arc to get the proper full author name by
default in "arc patch"? When applying others' patches, navigating to the
user's profile and copypasting the name to "git commit --amend
--author='Name <email>'" does work, but it's an unnecessary hurdle, and
probably leads to inconsistency as everybody won't be doing it.

// Martin