[llvm-dev] RFC: Switching from Bugzilla to Github Issues

James Henderson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 29 04:25:14 PDT 2019

+1 to using Anton's list as a starting point. I think the top-level
directories llvm-project + backends are not really fine-grained enough for
some areas. For example, the code related to the various LLVM binary
utilities like llvm-readobj/llvm-objcopy/llvm-symbolizer etc is all
contained within llvm/tools, and wouldn't have their own tag, or even one
closely related ("llvm" would be the tag they'd come under, which is...
less than useful). Separate tags for each tool (possibly with some shared
ones for tools which are broadly aliases like llvm-objcopy/llvm-strip and
llvm-readelf/llvm-readobj etc) would certainly help me. Bugzilla already
has most of these.