[llvm-dev] Where and how to report an optimisation issue that doesn't cause a crash

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Oct 24 11:41:30 PDT 2019

/looks/ necessary to me. As one of the replies said: "The event_t member of
queue_ptr could point at the same memory as event_ptr."

This means that this line "queue_ptr->queue[queue_ptr->wr_idx++] =
*event_ptr;" invalidates all the loads through queue_ptr before it, and
they have to be loaded again after this (because queue_ptr->queue might
point into the same memory that queue_ptr points into, so the assignment
might've modified the things queue_ptr points to)

‪On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 11:23 AM ‫אלכס לופ' via llvm-dev‬‎ <