[llvm-dev] LLVM 9.0.0 prebuilt binaries for MacOS

Vedant Kumar via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Oct 17 09:58:23 PDT 2019

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for your interest. The testing process should be fully documented here (https://llvm.org/docs/ReleaseProcess.html <https://llvm.org/docs/ReleaseProcess.html>), and there's additional information about the qualification effort here (https://llvm.org/docs/HowToReleaseLLVM.html <https://llvm.org/docs/HowToReleaseLLVM.html>). The basic steps are to a) run the "test-release" script (this does a multi-stage build and runs tests), b) look for test and benchmark regressions, and c) share progress on the release-testers at lists.llvm.org <mailto:release-testers at lists.llvm.org> mailing list. Once you have a package ready, you'll need to ask for permission to upload the package, then publish its hash on the release-testers list.

vedant