[llvm-dev] tutorials or examples on front-ends with a garbage collector

Yafei Liu via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Oct 17 03:46:56 PDT 2019

Hi all,
I'm working on a toy language and I want all objects which type is a class
managed by a garbage collector, just like Jave do.

But after two days of investigation, I lost in tons of concepts and
theories, but still don't have a clue on what to do.

The documents about garbage collectors on llvm site seems for experts, and
I wish if there exist some tutorials just like Implementing a language with
LLVM <https://llvm.org/docs/tutorial/MyFirstLanguageFrontend/index.html>,
which will make me focus on implementing the language itself.

Any suggestions?