[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] Mailing list changes this week

Mehdi AMINI via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 15 21:44:03 PDT 2019

On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 9:33 PM Tom Stellard <tstellar at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 10/15/2019 09:24 PM, Mehdi AMINI wrote:
> > Hi Tom.
> >
> > One issue with this is that we don't have a clear "ordering" from linear
> revision numbers from these emails. Have we looked into continuing to
> generate our own emails per commits instead so that we control the format?
> >

> This actually what we are doing, we are listening for github commit events
> and
> then generating our own emails based on the data in the event.  We can
> format
> the emails how ever we want, and we tried to match the current SVN format
> exactly.

Ah great!

> Is the some other information you would like to have in the emails to show
> the
> ordering?

The only thing I was looking to get was to continue to have a monotonic
incrementing integer for the revision instead of the git hash alone: I
don't know if `git llvm` has this feature yet but this was discussed a
while ago (I don't remember if we just mentioned counting the commits in
the repo from the beginning or using an invocation of `git describe` or
something derived).

--
Mehdi