[llvm-dev] [RFC] Adopt Dexter and use it to run debuginfo-tests

Adrian Prantl via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Oct 9 08:59:43 PDT 2019

Jeremy (and everyone who worked on dexter),

this is great news! I'm excited about having a single debugger driver in debuginfo-tests.
I'm very much in favor of this proposal.

Can you share experiences as to how hard it is to get tests to work under multiple platforms and toolchains in practice?
I see that many tests in the patch hardcode things like specific debuggers/linux/cflags (which presumably look different on windows). Does dexter have an #ifdef feature to allow for slightly different results or for disable one sub-test on a specific platform?

-- adrian