[llvm-dev] vectorize.enable

Sjoerd Meijer via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 4 07:28:21 PDT 2019

Thanks for your replies. That was a very useful discussion.
I won't recommit on a Friday afternoon, but will do on Monday, as it looks like we agreed again on the direction and the change.
Orthogonal to this change, the interesting topics brought up are improved diagnostics, and the cases the vectoriser misses. I will briefly look why this particular case isn't vectorised, but I suspect that it's a simple case of some prep / clean-up passes not running at Oz.

Cheers,
Sjoerd.