[llvm-dev] [RFC] Displaying source variable locations in llvm-objdump

James Henderson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 27 01:35:03 PST 2019

I quite like the look of this in principle too, and I see no reason it
couldn't be added as an option in llvm-objdump. Have you experimented with
this on a Windows command prompt (PowerShell and cmd)? My experience with
unicode characters in those has shown that unicode characters don't always
work particularly well.

I don't think that should be a blocker on this feature mind you, but if it
is problematic, we might just want to fall back to standard ASCII
characters ('|', '+', '-' etc).

I'll take a look at the patch in due course.

James