[llvm-dev] MLIR landing in the monorepo

Fāng-ruì Sòng via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Nov 15 10:58:39 PST 2019

Since you are going to rewrite the mlir history anyway, you can
probably delete accidentally checked in large files if any.

* I don't know whether the file CONTRIBUTING.md is still appropriate,
at least for the Code of Conduct, LLVM has its own version.
* g3doc/ seems a very Google specific name. Does `docs/` work?
* bindings/python/pybind.cpp - does it have to be an in-tree plugin?
* The Apache 2 license headers are verbose. LLVM uses
SPDX-License-Identifier: Apache-2.0 WITH LLVM-exception.

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 2:03 AM Mehdi AMINI via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> (bcc: mlir at tensorflow.org FYI)
>
> I am following-up on the integration of MLIR in LLVM as a subproject (Re: http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2019-October/135687.html ).
>
> We're aiming to integrate into the monorepo next month. Right now our intent is for MLIR to live in a top-level directory in parallel to clang, lldb, lld, etc.
> Our top option for the integration is to perform a git subtree merge to bring the MLIR history into the monorepo, here is a prototype: https://github.com/joker-eph/llvm-project-with-mlir
>
> If you're curious to try it, at the moment it needs a specific CMake invocation:
>
> cmake -G Ninja ../llvm/ -DLLVM_TARGETS_TO_BUILD="host" -DLLVM_EXTERNAL_PROJECTS=mlir -DLLVM_EXTERNAL_MLIR_SOURCE_DIR={path to repo}/mlir/
>
> We'll hook into -DLLVM_ENABLE_PROJECTS after landing.
>
> Let me know if you have any comment about this!
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Mehdi

宋方睿