[llvm-dev] AMDGPU and math functions

Sumner, Brian via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 13 13:10:46 PST 2019

There certainly is support; after all AMD supports both OpenCL and HIP (a dialect of C++ very close to cuda).

AMD device libraries (in bitcode form) are installed when ROCm ( https://rocm.github.io/ ) is installed.

AMD device libraries are mostly written in (OpenCL) C and open source at https://github.com/RadeonOpenCompute/ROCm-Device-Libs .  They are configured by linking in a number tiny libraries that define global constants; these allow unwanted code including branches to be eliminated during post-bitcode-link optimization.

Regards,
Brian