[llvm-dev] Enable Contributions Through Pull-request For LLVM

Robinson, Paul via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 12 12:57:16 PST 2019

Don Hinton wrote:

> my biggest problem on a daily basis is the use of force pushes to PR's,

Internally we're using PRs and people respond to comments with additional
commits, not force pushes (in general).  I'm able to look at individual
commits in the sequence.  Is this not how github.com PRs work?

Being branches in an individual's fork, of course we can't procedurally
forbid force-pushes, but social pressure makes a lot of things work out
that don't have technical solutions.
--paulr