[llvm-dev] Workflow to commit changes using git alone (?)

Joan Lluch via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Nov 8 08:39:38 PST 2019

Hi Hiroshi,

Thanks for that.  I find “rebase” difficult to use. Maybe I don’t understand it, but it always causes a lot ‘conflicts’ that are very hard to fix according to my experience. I have another question though. LLVM requires that reviewed patches are pushed as a /single/ commit with a standardised message, particularly specifying the Differential Revision url as part of the commit message. How’s that done on your example?

Thanks,

John